Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Online violin lessons for beginners through suzuki book i

Online violin lessons for beginners through suzuki book i




click here for more images


my story i started to take violin lessons at my school when i was in fifth grade. I fell in love with my instrument and knew that that was what i wanted to do with my life. But the next 15 years, frankly, were pure hell. I worked my tail off (if you were here, i’d prove it. No tail ) i didn’t watch tv, didn’t go out with friends, i practiced on camping trips, on family vacations to half moon bay. I never went anywhere without my violin. I kept this up from 5th grade through a master’s degree in violin performance. I buried my head in music and solitary practice. The best illustration of how single-minded i was, is that while living within 50 miles of the oklahoma city bombing in 1998, i had not heard about it until timothy mcveigh was sentenced to death. This is not a good thing what was wrong with me? it seemed like i practiced twice as hard as anyone else but only got half as far. I asked my teachers, but they couldn’t help. Some didn’t believe i was practicing that much, and some (i could tell) just didn’t believe that i had what it took to make it. In the end i realized that i was practicing looooong hours, but no teacher had ever taught me how to practice effectively . But then i had an ephiphany that changed my life. I finally understood what was wrong during all those years of struggle when i took a course in suzuki instruction. This class was supposed to train me to teach beginners, but instead, i was the one learning basic fundamentals that i had ne…read more detail



0 comments:

Post a Comment