Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Write Where the Money Is!

Write Where the Money Is!Click Image To Visit Site It’s so true. I don’t have a boss. I set my own schedule. I don’t drive to work. I take time off whenever I want. Magazines pay me to travel all over the world, have cool experiences, meet amazing people, and then write about them. You can do it too.


How many people do you know who have been doing the same job for more than 30 years and still wake up every morning eager to get to work?



It still astonishes me that people pay me to write. To travel, to learn, to research, to meet people all over the world—and to write about these experiences. Now it’s my great pleasure to show you how you too can enjoy the wonderful lifestyle and rewards of freelance writing.


Every page of my book is packed with the lessons I’ve learned over a lifetime as a writer and editor.


Everything I tell you in WRITE WHERE THE MONEY IS works. I spell out the exact steps to take to start, succeed, and potentially make tons of money as a freelance writer. You can skim the first chapter alone and start making money as a freelance writer.


Okay, I hear you out there. “Hey, Bob—why would a successful writer bother with a how-to book? And aren’t you just encouraging competition?”


1. I don’t have a poverty mentality. I know there’s plenty of work to go around. It’s an abundant world.


2. I’ve been a go-to guy for young writers and editors looking for advice for a long time. I like helping writers. I believe writers should be paid well for what they do.


3. I’m a practical guy. I write for money. I wrote WRITE WHERE THE MONEY IS for money. (Duh!) My book isn’t philanthropy. But it will save you a lot of time and grief.


4. I’d be happy to refer my friends to really useful books and websites that teach the ins and outs of how to make money as a freelance writer. But I can’t find any.


I’ve tried. I bought books and e-books, signed up for newsletters, surfed the writers’ forums, and visited lots and lots of “how to make money as a freelance writer” websites.


Lots of leads for low-paying gigs. A bunch of myths passed down like folklore. HOPELESSLY out-of-date, old-school advice. Promise-the-moon offers, touting stuff like ebooks that’ll turn you into a six-figure advertising copywriter within a week. (Should I wince or laugh?) Forums? Hardly the place to go for professional advice. The pros don’t visit forums.


Now Google my name: “Robert Earle Howells.” Page after Google page, you’ll find links to hundreds of my stories. I’m not trying to toot my horn here; only showing you that I’m the real deal. I’m a freelance writer who has published more than 1,000 articles… Read more…


0 comments:

Post a Comment