Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How to start a lawn business – lawncompanysecrets.comhow to start a very successful lawn business

How to start a lawn business – lawncompanysecrets.com

how to start a very successful lawn business




click here for more images


i’ve been in your shoes before at the beginning of 2003, i decided it was time for me to quit my job. I’ll be honest; it wasn’t an easy decision. I wasn’t stuggling at my job, i was actually doing very well.


i had a job as an “account executive” (a glorified title for a sales rep). I was 24 years old and making over $50,000 per year. My schedule was great – monday through friday from 8-5. I was off every single weekend. Why did i want to quit?


i wanted more freedom maybe, you understand the way i felt. I felt trapped. I longed for freedom. Not freedom from a challenge. I simply wanted to control my own schedule.


i took nike’s advice. I just did it. I went to my boss and told him i’d be quitting in two weeks. He was mad but not as “mad” as my parents were. My boss was mad because he was losing his 1 salesperson. My parents were mad because they paid for half my college education, and now in their opinion, i was wasting my life by starting a lawn business.


honestly, that wasn’t the worst part. What made it worse was all my friends telling me i was crazy and laughing at me for my “foolish” idea. But all their criticism and joking made me that much more determined to make my lawn business successful.


two years prior to opening my lawn business i graduated from college with a degree in business management and marketing. I tried implementing several of the “techniques” i had learned in college. But every “technique” i tried seemed to fail, and bro…read more detail



0 comments:

Post a Comment