Monday, August 5, 2013

It’s Simple, In Less Than 30 Seconds You Can Access FREE Training Videos to Create Your Own Professional Website – SelfAssemblySites

It's Simple, In Less Than 30 Seconds You Can Access FREE Training Videos to Create Your Own Professional Website - SelfAssemblySitesClick Image To Visit Site Site maintenance in progress! We are making some vital upgrades to the site at the moment – some content may appear to be temporarily missing – please bear with us and check again in a few hours. Thanks for your patience and understanding! – Alastair.


When I started my Art business several years ago, like most people, I hired a web designer to build my site for me. It was a good site, if a little expensive, and I was quite happy with it. A few months later, I needed some simple but important changes made – sold paintings removed, new paintings added. My web designer was a good guy but he was too busy, so I had to wait. When the changes were made, I was charged $120 an hour, several people told me that was a very fair rate for a guy of his quality, that they pay way more. He was a quality designer, that’s what you pay. But at that cost it doesn’t make you feel like you want to be continually improving your site.



I felt I had no control over my site, instead of enhancing and reflecting my business it felt separate to me, it was a frustration and a burden. If you’re feeling that same frustration, trust me, I feel your pain.


Years later I met Alastair McDermott. One morning at his kitchen table, with only a pen and paper, he talked me through how to build a great site for myself using professional tools – I recorded this conversation on my Flip video camera. I went away and to my amazement I built my sites, which turned out great (you can see one example here on this page).


It was the most remarkable sensation. Hands thrust into the air, that surge of pure elation. One day something is totally alien to you and the next you’ve surprised yourself by actually building something. Real proof that you can do it, not just a thought or intention. Sure it’s a simple and basic site to begin with but it’s professional quality and most of all it’s yours. It’s a strong starting point to build on. The feeling that you built it, you didn’t think you could, but you did is remarkable. You followed the simple instructions and you created your first website. A wonderful feeling of accomplishment, that strikingly positive feeling that you are competent in a whole new area. You’ve achieved something significant and can build on that to even greater things.


It was just so easy, I told some friends about it and they asked for the videos. So I went back to Alastair and we decided to create SelfAssemblySites, with high quality videos and walkthroughs for every aspect of building and running a site.


In the modern world, if you can can create your own website, or design a site, it can be a catalyst and a launch pad for so many ideas and ambitions that… Read more…


0 comments:

Post a Comment