Thursday, August 29, 2013

Healthy happy herbs: a beginner’s guide to herbs and herb gardening

Healthy happy herbs: a beginner’s guide to herbs and herb gardening




click here for more images


starting a hobby like organic herb gardening can be fun, exciting, and relaxing all at the same time. Whether you live in a house with a garden or an apartment with very little room, herb gardening promises to be a soothing and fulfilling hobby that will help you feel connected to nature. Its flexibility guarantees that you get to enjoy this hobby and start out as big or as small as you are comfortable with.


for a lot of beginners, caring for an herb garden can be an intimidating prospect. It was like that for me, too, when i first considered herb gardening. I didn t think of myself as particularly having a green thumb, and it was an exciting and anxious time for me during my first few years.


i m not going to lie i lost a lot of plants during my first year. I didn t know much about herb gardening. The second year was slightly better, till winter came and ravaged my struggling herb garden.


what little information i had then was gathered from asking shop owners where i bought my supplies, and asking neighbors and fellow enthusiasts. And then i smarted up and began to read books everything i can get a hand on, really to learn all about the different kinds of herbs and how to care for them. I joined groups and attended trade fairs and interviewed expert herb gardeners, picking their brains to solve the problems i was having with my own garden.


over many years, i learned more and became more confident about my herb gardening skills. I learned how to kee…read more detail




0 comments:

Post a Comment